The deep earthy flavours of a traditional home-made cream of mushroom soup recipe can’t be beat, mainly when it’s geared up in minutes. You’ll never open a can of mushroom soup after attempting our recipe! you will love how smooth this is to make! on foot in to the kitchen to throw some ingredients collectively, only to come out with a warm creamy bowl of comforting soup in minutes.
A heat bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom portions. full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine via and praise the herbal flavour of mushrooms with out overpowering it. Cooked with easy to find ingredients you may have already got to your kitchen, you are mins faraway from a fulfilling bowl of creamy goodness!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) fresh brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 teaspoons chopped thyme (divided)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine ((any dry red or white wine))
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoons black cracked pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, (crumbled)
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half ((sub with evaporated milk))
- Chopped fresh parsley and thyme to serve
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper and crumbled bouillon cubes.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in cream or half and half. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Mix in parsley and remaining thyme. Serve warm.
- Full recipe in https://cafedelites.com/creamy-mushroom-soup/