Paleo Sweet Potato Apple Breakfast Bake

This paleo candy potato apple breakfast bake is clearly candy, teeming with warming cinnamon, packed with protein, wholesome fat, and fiber. The dish jogs my memory of a new Orleans-fashion bread pudding with its cinnamon and raisins, but it’s absolutely paleo! A month-to-month or weekly staple in our home.


Paleo breakfast. Ugh. I desire I ought to bypass it regular, however that’s no longer terrific advocated if it’s from sheer… distaste. I locate myself in reality skipping the meal out of a primary loss of desire to consume savory food within, oh, three hours of waking up way extra often than I should admit. So I determined to attempt on a pair new certainly sweet recipes, but many regarded too custardy, too small, too complicated.

 The concept to sauté sweet potatoes like a hash, adding in candy, cinnamon-coated apples, then topping with a creamy egg aggregate came to me, and i accompanied it without very excessive hopes. candy potatoes and eggs? That’s a stable meh from me… however as the scent of the candy potato-apple combination commenced to drift via the air, grounded with lots of ghee and heady cinnamon, I fell head over heels in love.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup ghee
  • 2 sweet potatoes , peeled and diced
  • 2 medium apples , cored and diced
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup walnuts
  • Salt , to taste
  • 6 - 8 eggs (6 eggs is creates a less eggy texture, so this is personal preference. I love both!)
  • 1 cup full-fat coconut milk

commands

  1. Preheat oven to 325º.
  2. warmness ghee in a huge cast iron skillet over medium warmth, then add sweet potatoes. cook dinner, stirring regularly till beginning to melt, approximately 5-10 mins.
  3. add in apples, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and raisins, and prepare dinner till apples are softened and raisins are plumped, about eight-10 minutes. each apples and sweet potatoes need to be without difficulty pierced with a fork. If vital, upload in a bit water to prevent sticking and burning. add in in walnuts and salt, about half of teaspoon to flavor. Stir to mix nicely and sauté the combination a minute or two
  4. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and coconut milk till clean and well combined. remove apple-candy potato combination from warmth and pour egg mixture over. easy to cover with the returned of a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. A knife stuck in the center have to pop out smooth.

Komentar